Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Thursday, 11 May 2017

Frisky goldfish

I have been cleaning the pond filter every other day this past week.  It had become so clogged that it wasn't doing its job properly. I cleaned it again this afternoon and now my goldfish are starting the frisky shenanigans.  A few years ago I managed to salvage some of the fish eggs and raised a dozen tiny little fish.  I made the huge mistake of putting them back in the pond far too early.  Every single one of them was eaten by the adults.  I hope to collect some fish eggs and raise a few babies this year.  If I am successful I won't add them to the pond until they are  much much bigger.

Tony and I have strung yet more solar lights around the garden.  You would be forgiven for thinking that it is Blackpool's Golden Mile if ever you were to visit. I am now sitting in the conservatory waiting for it to get dark enough for the lights to come on.. The new ones are coloured ones and will make a change from all the white lights around the garden.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the fishing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds lovely - I bet the lights will look gorgeous :-) Yes - that is the thing with fish in general... they eat their babies (or other people's LoL). I wish you success with a new 'clutch' :-D xx

    ReplyDelete